ContactForm not available in the Choose Form drop down

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Hi there,
I have used this contact form on another DNN 7 site and it worked fine after a few hours of figuring it out without any documentation. It's a really nice simple module but the lack of documentation is frustrating.

I've installed this on another site and when going to the Settings for the module in the drop down to select the form there are no forms to select? In the previous installation there was the default ContactForm.ascx but not in this one. The installation logs show that the ContactForm.ascx was created but I'm not sure how to get it to show. Also saving any of the To:, CC: and message fields reverts back to being empty if I open it up which I'm guessing is related to the ContactForm not being selected.

Has anyone else had this issue or any idea where to look to resolve it? Unfortunately I'm new to DNN.

Thanks in advance!
Sep 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Hi Ragnor,

Have you tried put the forms (.ascx) under the /portals/0/DNNQuickForms directory?

Regards,
Gino.

Note: I'm not receiving notification e-mails from this discussion group, that is why it took me so long to answer..., I'll try to fix that :-)
Oct 1, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Hi Gino,

Yes I managed to come right by doing the above. Thanks for the reply!

Kind regards,
Rick
Jan 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Hi,

where do I find the forms (.ascx) file that needs to be copied /portals/0/DNNQuickForms directory?

Best Regards,

Marc
Jan 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Hi Marc,

If I remember correctly they're under DesktopModules\DNNQuickForms

Otherwise you can search for ContactForm.ascx in the website folder and see where the location is.

HTH.

Kind regards
Jan 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I can see the following files:

ContactForm.ascx
FormBuilder.ascx
FormBuilderEdit.ascx
FormBuilderOptions.ascx

Which one? Or all?

Cheers,

Marc
Jan 9, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I just took the ContactForm.ascx across and that worked fine for me but we're not using the form builder at all so if you want to use that I would imagine you would copy them all across.
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Thanks a lot.