"Send To" Field inside Settings will not save email address

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:23 PM
I had one of my users call me today to inform me that they were not receiving test submissions they were sending. When i log in and add an address to the field the module does not save it.
Jul 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Hi clydeiv,

Could you post the forms ascx code?

Regards,
Gino.
Jul 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Gino,

Sure thing, we are using the standard ContactForm.ascx.

<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" TagName="Label" Src="~/controls/LabelControl.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" Assembly="DotNetNuke" Namespace="DotNetNuke.UI.WebControls"%>
<div class="dnnForm"> <div class="dnnFormItem"> <dnn:label runat="server" Text="Name" HelpText="Please enter your name in the space provided" Suffix=":" /> <asp:textbox id="Name" runat="server" CssClass="dnnFormRequired" /> <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="reqName" ControlToValidate="Name" cssclass="dnnFormMessage dnnFormError" runat="server" Text="Name is required" /> </div> <div class="dnnFormItem"> <dnn:label runat="server" Text="Email" HelpText="Please enter your email address in the space provided" Suffix=":" /> <asp:textbox id="Email" runat="server" CssClass="dnnFormRequired" /> <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" ControlToValidate="Email" cssclass="dnnFormMessage dnnFormError" runat="server" Text="Email Address is required" /> </div> <div class="dnnFormItem"> <dnn:label runat="server" Text="Message" HelpText="Please send us your comments" Suffix=":" /> <textarea id="Message" rows="8" runat="server"></textarea> </div> <div class="dnnFormItem"> <dnn:label runat="server" Text="Human Test" HelpText="We want to make sure you aren't a robot." Suffix=":" /> <dnn:captchacontrol id="ctlCaptcha" captchawidth="130" captchaheight="40" runat="server" errorstyle-cssclass="NormalRed" /> </div> <div style="margin-left:30%;"> <asp:placeholder id="plhButton" runat="server" /> </div> </div> Thanks,
Jul 7, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure what your problem is. This module only sends an e-mail to the address you load in the settings of the module.
It doesn't send e-mail to the address in asp textbox "Email" field.
If you filled the "Send To" field on settings with a valid address, please check your DNN SMTP settings.
The e-mails are sent from the administrator account.

Regards,
Gino.
Jul 7, 2014 at 5:46 PM
The issue that is occurring is after I enter my email address in the "Send To" field within the module settings and click save, the module does not save my email address. If I go back into the module settings the "Send To" field will be blank.
Jul 7, 2014 at 5:52 PM
OK, I understand.
And this is the only setting that it doesn't save?

Gino.
Jul 7, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Unfortunately no, the module will not save any settings contained within the "DNN Quick Form Settings" tab. I feel like it was saving previously, and we have not done any updates to DNN, the server, etc.

Thanks again!!
Jul 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Hi,

In that case, you can try uninstall the extension and install again from the Host menu.

Regards,
Gino.