Form Always has Focus? Prevents Admin....

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Love how easy this form was to setup, however I wanted to use it as a quick contact in the footer of my site and once I had the first instance I replicated it to be placed on every page in the site. This includes Admin pages as well. It took a while to realize that having this form on the bottom of any admin page prevents an update to your portal settings. I had set the form to have name and email as required fields. It took a while to realize that when I made a change in Admin settings and clicked update, the form in the footer at the bottom would show that fields had not been filled in, it was trying to be the focus on the page although I had not clicked in any of the fields. Not sure how to explain this properly - hopefully it is understood. This form is great for a contact page, as long as it is the only form there or for other pages in your site again as long as it is not an admin page...It also stopped a membership form I was trialing on a page in my site. Just a warning, great form but has that issue.
Oct 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I think your problem also related to the use of "<asp:RequiredFieldValidator" in your form, seems that DNN verifies all RequiredFieldValidator on a given page.
If this workaround works for you, then you can find another way to validate the fields.

Regards,
Gino