Form creation and form selection

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Hi, is there any documentation on how to create forms? Also, we did create a form template but it didn't show up in the module settings when trying to apply it to a form instance.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Hey guys,

Same here. In addition it doesn't save de properties set.

gr. Stefan de Groot

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Forms are save here: Request.MapPath(PortalSettings.HomeDirectory) & "AMForms"

And are searched here: Request.MapPath(PortalSettings.HomeDirectory) & "DNNQuickForms"

Workaround: Copy the form in AMForms to DNNQuickForms, or fix the source code.

Gino.

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  I've corrected the problem and added a small enhancement to make it a little easier to get started.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I've modified the project to optionally log e-mails sent on the database, and you can create a custom table to store form data.

Also I've modified the response redirect behavior and added some styling to the "thank you" messages.

If anyone is interested I can share the code.

Gino.

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Hi gpilotino I'm interested in your form. Can u be so generous to share it ?

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Edited Feb 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Hi frankj9, I'm sorry for the delay.  You can see my customized version live here:  http://carrentalshop.com/DisneyCruiseLineCrucerosDisney/CruisesInquiryForm.aspx As it's access the database you'll need to add "massive.dll" to the DNN bin directory (I've included the .dll with the project) Donwload the project here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101274719/DNNQuickForm.zip And remember to create this table on DNN database: Table name: QuickForms_Log       [ID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,  [FormName] nvarchar NULL, [Email] nvarchar NULL, [PortalID] [int] NULL, [ModuleID] [int] NULL Regards, Gino.
Nov 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I still can't understand how the email textbox is recognized as the email and same applies to the other textboxes.

Can anyone explain how to use the created form?

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I think the email textbox control in the .ascx template has an ID of "Email" which the module looks for when processing.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Well, that is what I assumed. I am missing something on this module because when I submit the form nothing happens apart from the thank you message. 

I configured the smtp from the host settings but still nothing happens

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Hi guys

I installed this form and really like it!

I will use it for a support request page, but I need an option/form to choose (which department / e-mail address) the request should be sent to.

When submitting a request it goes to a default e-mail address and I would like to modify this so it goes directly to the specific department.

I’m no programmer so maybe some of you are able to provide me the code which I then will try to adjust?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Joakim

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Joakim,

I don't know if you still need send te form data to different e-mail addresses... but It can be done without modifying the module.

Send to one general e-mail address and then, using filter redirection (*) in that e-mail account, forward to the department's addresses based on the message contents.

(*) for example, in GMail it can be done from Settings/Filters

I hope it will work for your requirement.

Regards,
GIno.
Aug 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Hi Gino,

Your form looks great on the site. How did you go about customizing it? I'm having an issue even getting the default form to be selectable in the Module settings which seems to be the same issue as other posters in this thread. Doesn't seem there is a solution though.

Kind regards